It’s important to continue taking care of your teeth and gums all the way through the year. During the holidays, the rush of traveling and meeting with relatives can strip us of the short amount of time we have to continue caring for our teeth. However, only a few minutes a day caring for your teeth can have amazing benefits. Do not forget to brush and floss, and if you should have a dental emergency, our wonderful team at Chandler Dental Excellence is here to help.
This holiday season, give the gift of a wonderful smile. Here a few tips to keep in mind:
– Do not indulge in-between-meal snacks. The longer sugar and other harmful materials are in contact with your teeth, the greater risk of damage.
– Avoid hard candies like candy canes and peanut brittle. They can easily chip or crack your teeth. Avoid chewy candy like caramels or gummies. Sticky candies can easily stick to your teeth and gums and can be hard to remove even when brushing. As an alternative snack, try sugarless gum to hold your appetite over between meals.
– Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily with either dental floss or a suitable dental tool approved by your dentist.
– Cook more healthy foods this year, and fewer desserts, cookies, and pies.
– Eat healthy.
– Visit your dentist at Chandler Dental Excellence for an oral examination and your regularly scheduled professional cleanings.
You don’t have to fight the battle against bad hygiene alone this year. Our expert team at Chandler Dental Excellence is here to craft you the best personalized plan for all your dental needs. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Kerry Taylor, call us at 480.786.1734, or drop by our office in Chandler, Arizona. Stop bad or hygiene today, and finish your year with a smile!