Have you heard about the recent studies regarding sugar-free gum? If not, you are in the right place! Chewing sugarless gum can help protect your oral health and keep your teeth healthy throughout your day. In fact, sugarless gum has many advantages to your oral health care and overall smile.
Our dentist, Dr. Kerry Taylor, encourages you to protect your teeth from cavities, which includes choosing sugar-free gum over gum containing sugars. To help you understand more advantages to sugar-free gum, our team at Chandler Dental Excellence in Chandler, Arizona, is excited to talk to you about the subject.
Here are some ways sugarless gum can help your smile:
– Chewing sugarless gum causes saliva flow, which neutralizes acids from by bacteria in your mouth naturally and successfully.
– Sugar-free gum has been proven in many studies to prevent cavities and lower your plaque it is chewed for at least twenty minutes after a meal.
– Heartburn can also be aided because it can help fight the harmful acids in your body.
– It is imperative to keep in mind to avoid sugars in gum because the sugar is destructive to your teeth.
– Sugarless gum is not a replacement for brushing or flossing your teeth. It is most effective between your meals to help keep your bacteria clear from your teeth and gums.
If you would like more information on your oral health, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with our dental professional team, please call us today at 480.786.1734 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team cares about you and is happy to help you with your smile.