If you routinely partake in high-risk activities or play any contact sports, it is important to make sure you are wearing the appropriate safety gear and equipment. This can include facial masks, helmets, and mouth guards. Mouth guards are extremely easy to wear and can come in many forms.
You can either have a custom-made mouthguard designed by your dentist, or a stock mouthguard that comes preformed and ready-to-wear. Once you’ve chosen your mouth guard, it is important to adhere to the following tips for mouth guard care and replacement:
– Always make sure your mouth guard is in good condition, so it can continue to take care of your mouth properly.
– It is important to make sure that your mouth guard is functioning effectively, and if it should be showing signs of wear and tear, or if it is damaged, it should be replaced.
– Children often need to replace their mouth guards more frequently because they are more likely to outgrow them.
– Always make sure to rinse out your mouth after using your mouth guard and be sure to brush your teeth at least twice per day.
– To clean your mouth guard, soak it in cool soapy water and be sure to rinse it thoroughly afterward.
– During regular dental examinations, bring in your mouth guard for routine evaluations to ensure it is continuing to function properly.
– Avoid leaving your mouth guard directly in the sun or in hot water.
– You should always store your mouth guard in a safe place that is free from prying eyes of small children and pets.
Don’t postpone a visit to our team at Chandler Dental Excellence to check if you are suffering from poor oral health. If you are in need of a dentist in Chandler, Arizona, please call us at 480.389.2452, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Kerry Taylor and our team at our dentist office.