Any toothpaste that bears the ADA Seal of Acceptance can be trusted to clean and protect your teeth. However, some mouths are extra sensitive or require a certain treatment. If you need a toothpaste that will do more than clean your teeth, consider the following:
– Fluoride toothpaste: All toothpastes work to keep teeth clean and bacteria-free, but fluoride toothpaste also strengthens tooth enamel, providing additional protection from cavities.
– Desensitizing toothpaste: If tooth sensitivity is preventing you from enjoying hot and cold food, a desensitizing toothpaste will block the pain signals to the roots of your teeth. You should also visit your dentist, as tooth sensitivity could be a sign of a larger dental problem.
– Whitening toothpaste: If your teeth are looking a little yellow, a whitening toothpaste may give them the shine they need. However, whitening toothpastes only remove minor stains—if you desire a deeper whitening treatment, ask Dr. Kerry Taylor about our professional teeth whitening.
– Tartar-control toothpaste: You may be in need of a tartar-control toothpaste if your teeth are especially prone to the buildup of tartar-causing plaque. Once tartar forms on your teeth, though, only a dental professional like Dr. Kerry Taylor can remove it.
– Anti-gingivitis toothpaste: Red, bleeding gums are a symptom of gingivitis, the early stage of gum disease. Anti-gingivitis toothpaste reduces oral bacteria to prevent gingivitis before it develops.
The right toothpaste is an important part of your daily oral care routine, which is why our team at Chandler Dental Excellence encourages you to choose wisely. If you’re unsure which brand or type of toothpaste is best for you, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Kerry Taylor at 480.389.2452 for a professional consultation.